Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Figure Drawing-Bending boxes tutorial

As I continue to study figure drawing, I am trying to experiment with different ways to visualize the human form in 3d space. From time to time I have tried to build the form by using boxes. In other words break the form down into basic shapes using boxes, cylinders and spheres. Doing it this way requires the ability to rotate and bend these shapes in 3d space and give the impression of perspective. After drawing these basic forms in perspective they need to be connected.
 I also like to draw ellipses onto the shapes to further give the impression of depth and volume.
  When I have completed these steps this will be used as an under drawing. Since I am drawing using digital media, a layer will be added on top of the initial drawing and the opacity of the base layer will be lowered.
 I hope all of that makes sense.
 You should be aware that I am just learning how to do all of this and everyone has a different way of drawing the human figure. So I am taking things that I have learned from others and adapting them in such a way that works for me.
 So here are a couple of sketches as an example of what I am talking about. You should be able to see the basic form in these sketches. Also remember these sketches are not finished drawings, but are just a step in the process of the way I am learning.


Figure Drawing tutorial, Manga, How to draw, Gestures, sketch, Concept character
  

No comments:

Post a Comment