Saturday, November 16, 2013

I did some more sketching today. Right now I am focused in on drawing mostly arms and shoulders.
 Also I am no longer using FireAlpaca. I have not uninstalled it just in case i need it. FireAlpaca is great for sketching, but I downloaded and install latest Alpha version of Krita for windows.
 The newest version is working great. In the past if you Krita for windows had issues if you were running a Nvidia Card.
 Well the Krita devs have hit a home run on this one. After I downloaded Krita and installed it the first thing I did was enable the opengl rendering and it worked. The opengl setting makes zooming and rotating the canvas very smooth and also seems to make the dynamic brush resize work as it should.
 One of the best features of Krita is it is free.
 Krita has so many feature I will not even try to talk about them all right now. Krita is great for sketching,inking and painting.
 Krita has a great brush engine.
If you are a comic book artist or just like to paint  traditionally and would like to try digital painting, give Krita a try.                                                        Krita can be download at http://krita.org/

 Here is my first sketch in Krita.
I know it is not pretty, but I am just learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment